Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Economy

Obviously, in the past couple of days, everyone has been talking about the lingering Armageddon and Great Depression that America will surely suffer within the coming weeks. Wrong. But, you and I both know that Americans love to panic...and love even more to create mass hysteria.

I just wanted to say a couple of things about the presidential campaign being (maybe) postponed. I think that this is a wonderful idea. First of all, let me just put it out there that John McCain doesn't want to hold this debate, while Obama still does.

McCain told his campaign guys that he was going to Washington to do his REAL job, which he still holds, as Senator of Arizona. Congress needed him and Arizona needed him, to go do his job, and aid in Congress's decision on this 700 billion dollar ordeal.

John McCain said, "with so much on the line, for America and the world, the debate that matters most right now is taking place in the United States Capitol — and I intend to join it," after addressing former President Clinton's Global Initiative in New York on Thursday before heading to Washington.

Obama still argues that the debate should proceed because a president needs to be able to handle more than one issue at a time. Well, first of all, you aren't the President of the United States--you might be soon--but as of right this minute you are not. In case you forgot---you are a Junior Senator, so despite your "junior" status--maybe you should go to Washington with your elder (and wiser) opponent and do the job that you hold right now. This is an unpreccedented time in American history--and if I were running for President, and still holding a Sentate job, I would surely go to Washington the second my state and my country needed me to solve the problem that was at hand.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

You did a great job presenting! I wrote about your presentation in my blog! :)

Callie said...

Morgan, you did a great job on your presentation! I loved seeing your pictures :)