Sunday, September 14, 2008

Interview Questions

The two articles that interested me most were "How to Handle Illegal Interview Questions" and "Six Common Job-Interview Questions." The questions that were mentioned to be the most common interview questions actually scared me a little bit. I know that before I go in for an interview I will definitely have to be ready to answer these and will need to practice and formulate answers beforehand. Most of these questions are personal and about the applicants character. For example, your strength and weaknesses, how you would carry yourself in this situation, and how do you handle mistakes. This article showed me that I will most definitely have to practice before my interviews.
Secondly, the article about the illegal interview questions seems to be pretty common sense. But, if your interviewer is friendly and you have established a rapport it might be hard to decipher the difference between illegal and sheer friendliness. I hope within my interviewing experiences I will not come across any of these situations.

No comments: